Landscape Design in Duluth, MN
The team at Prime Landscapes brings over 15+ years of landscape design and construction expertise to the table – helping you create a unique outdoor space that fits your values, budget, personality, and lifestyle. We have helped 1000s of clients by solving issues with drainage on their property, constructing beautiful patios. and designing comfortable, relaxing outdoor spaces and much more.
Our Design Process
- Initial Meeting and Site Measurements – Our designer will meet with you at your property to discuss your project, and answer your questions about our design/build process, and warranty. We also take site measurements at the location of your proposed project. There is no charge for the initial meeting. However, there is a design fee to proceed with the next step: design and preliminary budget.
- Design and Preliminary Budget – After measuring your property, we compile the numbers and requests to produce a landscape design price quote showing the elements of your new landscape. The design price will vary depending on the scope of the project, but we will also provide a reasonable estimate of what it will take to build your landscape, general information about construction methods, and some early suggestions for plants and materials.
- Planning and Specifications – Once we have agreed on a preliminary budget and design – it is time to focus on the details of your project: refining the layout, plant selection, choosing materials for hardscapes, soil testing (if necessary), inventory and analysis of existing trees/plants in the proposed work area, and coordinating bids from subcontractors, if needed. During this phase we will be your go-to source for construction and budgeting expertise. Many questions will be asked and answered, new ideas will surface, and early ones might be scratched. In the end, you we will have a detailed landscape plan, timeline, and budget.
- Contract and Scheduling – At this point in time, the scope of your project is built out. The final step is to sign a contract for your construction project, which you can do at any time. Upon receiving a signed contract and deposit payment, we assign your project a place on our schedule. Projects are scheduled in the order in which the signed contracts and deposits are received.
- Construction – Many of our projects are completed within days. Larger, more complex projects may take multiple weeks to complete, depending on the size of the project. Being as our industry is directly effected by weather, in the event of inclement weather projects may become delayed, but we do our best to keep you informed to diminish surprises.
- Final Walk Through – On the final day of completion, we will take you on a guided tour of your new landscape and outdoor space and provide you with necessary information on taking care of your new retaining or freestanding wall, paver patio, newly planted trees, shrubs, flowers, and turf.