Paver Patios and Walkways
How Our Paver Patio and Walkway Construction Process Works
Our tried-and-true process has been refined over the years to ensure your patio or walkway project in the Twin Ports is completed in a timely and efficient manner, while giving you a superior, near maintenance-free finished product.
- Site Measurements and Design – The first stage in any landscape project is meeting with a member of our landscape design team to take measurements and assess the proposed work area. Next, we take your ideas, desired colors, styles, patterns and create a design for your patio. At this time we also include other landscape aspects (if requested), such as landscaping around the patio with Mulch and Plantings, Retaining or Seating Walls, etc.
- Design Finalization – The patio design is finalized, contracts are signed and necessary deposits are paid.
- Excavation and Base Prep – Our hardscape team puts industry-leading paver installation practices to work on your property! Beginning with excavation of the area where the patio or walkway will be built to a depth that is deep enough to permit adequate base material, setting bed material and the pavers but still be at a proper elevation in regards to the surrounding area.
- Laying Out and Cutting Pavers – After proper compaction of the base and the setting bed is screeded out, we begin laying the pavers. This is often times one of the most impactful parts of a paver project because the transformation from a hole in your back yard to a beautiful hardscape is happening right in front of your eyes! Once all pavers have been laid out to the specified dimensions, we cut pavers as needed to fit within your design. Unlike most of our competitors we use a special concrete edging product so you will never have to deal with paver separation from the typical black plastic edge restraint.
- Finishing Work and Final Walkthrough – Once all necessary cuts are complete. We sweep polymeric sand (hardens once it is activated with water and dries) into the spaces between the pavers, then lightly blow off the surface to remove existing polymeric sand. Then wetting down the patio with a light mist of water, allow it to dry completely and following up with one more application of water. We’ll then complete the finishing work such as landscaping around the patio, turf repairs, site clean up, etc. Upon completion our team walks you through your new patio, provides information on the waiting period before it can be used, and more.
The Final Step!
Begin enjoying your new patio! With tons of thrilled clients, Prime Landscapes is Duluth, Minnesota’s go-to paver patio and walkway builder. Unsure of what type of paver design you prefer? We can provide product catalogs and help you chose the right products that will create a stunning outdoor space!